There are five types of notifications in ZERO:
- In-App Notifications (the bell icon in the upper right corner)
- Email Notifications (delivered to your inbox)
- Push Notifications (delivered to your mobile device)
- SMS Notifications (delivered to your mobile device via a text message)
- Desktop Notifications (delivered to your desktop device)
You can always check ZERO to see if there is a badge on the bell icon. This indicates there are new notifications to read.
By default, notifications are enabled for all teams and all users for email, in-app, and mobile app push notifications. SMS and desktop notifications are disabled by default.
You can change your notification settings by going to My Profile > Notifications. See below.
What will ZERO send me notifications about?
ZERO will send you notifications:
- For any activity on posts where you are a "subscriber". Examples: When someone creates a post, assigns you to a post, comments on a post, or closes/reopens a post. If you are a Subscriber on the post, you will receive a notification (in app, email, push notifications). If you are not subscribed to the Post (or if you are subscribed to the Post, but you turned your notification settings off), you will not receive any notifications.
- When you are assigned to a form, course, or incident. These assignment notifications cannot be turned off as they are controlled by Administrators. If you wish to stop receiving these notifications, please contact an Administrator on your account.
- When you are subscribed to receive alerts about specific activities in ZERO. These alerts cannot be turned off as they are controlled by Administrators. If you wish to stop receiving these notifications, please contact an Administrator on your account.
Other things to know about notifications in ZERO:
- Notifications are turned ON by default for each team, but Admins and Team Leads have the ability to turn them OFF by adjusting the team settings.
- Notifications are turned ON by default for each individual user, but you can override that by turning OFF notifications globally in your profile settings.
- When you add someone to subscribers (or when you subscribe yourself), you are signing that person up to receive updates about all future activity on that post.
- You can always "unsubscribe" yourself if you do not want to receive notifications for that Post anymore.
There are two places where you can add/remove subscribers for a Post:
- On the new post page when you are creating your Post (i.e., before the post is submitted).
- On the Post details page (i.e., after the Post is live) at the bottom of the Post under the comment block.
Please note: A "Subscriber" is not the same thing as a "Responder". To learn more about the different levels of responding to a Post, click here.